Dental implants are considered the ultimate solution for missing teeth because they provide a permanent, durable, and natural-looking replacement that can improve oral health, function, and aesthetics.
Whether you are missing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire arch, our experts have the skills and knowledge to craft a tailored implant solution just for you.
Dr. Steve Jang at Pinnacle Dental prioritize patient comfort and communication, taking the time to listen to patients’ concerns and questions and providing clear and effective communication throughout the procedure. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to know more about dental implants treatment in Frisco
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth or bridge. They are made of biocompatible materials such as titanium or zirconia, which fuse with the bone to provide a strong and stable foundation for the replacement teeth.
The implant consists of three main parts: the implant post, the abutment, and the dental crown. The implant post is the part that is placed into the jawbone, and it serves as the replacement for the tooth root. The abutment connects the implant post to the dental crown, which is the visible part of the tooth that is seen above the gumline.
Types Of Dental Implants
There are several types of dental implants available, each with its unique features and advantages.
The most common types of Dental Implants include:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most common type of dental implant and are surgically placed into the jawbone. Endosteal implants are made of titanium and resemble small screws, cylinders, or plates. Once they are placed in the jawbone, they fuse with the bone to provide a sturdy and stable base for the replacement tooth.
- Subperiosteal Implants: These are placed on top of the jawbone but underneath the gums. They are used when there is not enough bone height or density for an endosteal implant. Subperiosteal implants are custom-made and consist of a metal framework that supports the replacement tooth.
- Zygomatic Implants: These are used in cases where there is severe bone loss in the upper jaw. Instead of being placed in the jawbone, zygomatic implants are anchored in the cheekbone (zygoma) to provide support for the replacement tooth.
- All-on-4 Implants: This technique uses just four implants to support an entire arch of replacement teeth. All-on-4 implants are usually placed at an angle, which allows for a secure fit even in areas with less bone density.
- Mini Implants: These are smaller versions of endosteal implants and are used when there is not enough space or bone density for a regular implant. Mini implants are also less invasive and can be placed using a minimally invasive technique.
The type of dental implant used will depend on a number of factors, including the patient’s oral health, the amount of bone density, and the location of the missing tooth or teeth. Your Best dentist in Frisco can help you determine the best type of implant for your individual needs.
Why Choose Dental Implants For Missing Tooths?
Dental Implants provide unparalleled stability, allowing you to relish your favorite foods, speak with confidence, and, most importantly, flash that radiant smile without hesitation.
- They provide a strong and stable foundation: Dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone, where they fuse with the bone to provide a strong and stable foundation for the replacement tooth. This means that the implant-supported restoration can withstand the same biting and chewing forces as natural teeth.
- They look and function like natural teeth: Dental implants are designed to look and function like natural teeth. The replacement tooth is customized to match the color, size, and shape of the surrounding teeth, and it is securely attached to the implant post for a natural-looking and functional restoration.
- They can prevent bone loss: When a tooth is missing, the bone in the jaw can start to deteriorate due to lack of stimulation. Dental implants provide the necessary stimulation to the jawbone to prevent bone loss and preserve the structure of the face.
- They can last a lifetime with proper care: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime. This means that patients can enjoy a permanent and durable solution for their missing teeth.
- They can improve oral health: Dental implants can improve oral health by preventing the remaining teeth from shifting and by making it easier to clean the teeth and gums. They can also improve overall chewing and digestion, as well as speech.
Book An Appointment
Dental Implants Before And After
By replacing missing or damaged teeth with natural-looking and functional restorations, patients can enjoy improved chewing, speaking, and smiling, as well as a boost in their self-confidence. Dental Implants in Frisco can provide a dramatic improvement in a patient’s oral health and quality of life.
Here are some examples of the before and after results of dental implant treatment:
- Before: A patient with a missing tooth or teeth may experience difficulty chewing, speaking, and smiling confidently. They may also experience bone loss in the jaw due to the lack of stimulation from the missing tooth root.
- After: With dental implant treatment, the missing tooth or teeth can be replaced with a durable and natural-looking restoration. The implant post provides stimulation to the jawbone, helping to prevent further bone loss and preserving the structure of the face. The patient can chew, speak, and smile confidently, and their overall oral health can be improved.
- Before: A patient with a loose or ill-fitting denture may experience discomfort, difficulty eating certain foods, and embarrassment due to the denture slipping or falling out.
- After: With implant-supported dentures, the patient can enjoy a stable and secure restoration that allows them to eat and speak more comfortably. The dentures are anchored to the implant posts, which provide a strong foundation for the restoration.
- Before: A patient with damaged or decayed teeth may experience pain, sensitivity, and difficulty eating or speaking.
- After: With dental implant treatment, damaged or decayed teeth can be replaced with strong and durable restorations. The patient can enjoy improved oral health and function, as well as a more confident smile.
Dental Implants Procedure
The dental implant in Frisco procedure is a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth and restore oral health and function. With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Here are the general steps involved in the dental implant procedure:
- Initial Consultation: The first step is to schedule an initial consultation with a dental implant specialist. During this appointment, the specialist will examine your teeth and jaw, take X-rays or CT scans to assess the bone density, and discuss your treatment options.
- Implant Placement: The next step is to place the implant into the jawbone surgically. This is done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation to ensure your comfort. The implant is typically made of titanium and is placed directly into the jawbone using a specialized drill. The gum tissue is then sutured over the implant, which will be left to heal and fuse with the bone over the next several months.
- Abutment Placement: Once the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector called an abutment is placed on top of the implant. The abutment serves as the base for the replacement tooth.
- Impression and Restoration: After the abutment is in place, an impression of your teeth will be taken to create a custom-made replacement tooth or teeth. This could be a crown, bridge, or denture, depending on the number of missing teeth and their location. Once the restoration is ready, it will be attached to the abutment using screws or dental cement.
- Follow-up Appointments: After the implant procedure is complete, you will need to return for several follow-up appointments to ensure that the implant is healing properly and that the restoration is functioning correctly. Your dentist or oral surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions for caring for your implant, including proper brushing and flossing techniques.
Cost Of Dental Implants in Frisco
The average cost of dental implants may vary because of various factors and patients’ dental health. However, the overall anticipated cost ranges from $1,500 to $6,000, including the surgery and other expenditures.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can be a good candidate for dental implants if you want to replace one or more missing teeth, are in good oral health (although the dentist may help with this before treatment), and are prepared to go through an invasive treatment process.
In case of All-on-4 implants, your dentist may insert implants and put a temporary cover/denture on them the same day. However, it takes a few months to place permanent dentures.